Codes of Gender

 Codes of Gender

A vlog discussing visual codes




This vlog discusses the documentary film of the Codes of Gender. In this vlog, I discuss how the media and our cultures push certain gender roles, which influences us to choose our characteristics based upon those roles. I explain how this is a visual code. The second part of my video discussed how a type of visual code is how we see introverts versus extroverts. In the vlog, I use three quotes to make this argument. Finally, I discuss how this is all apart of Normative powers because it naturally pushes us to make our own decisions based on characteristics that are seen as "correct" for our person.


Reference

Jhally, et. al (2009) The codes of gender: identity & performance in pop culture. Media Education Foundation. Accessed April 7th, 2024.

Comments

Popular Posts